Thursday, October 23, 2014

Married Life


Oh, how four years have gone by and quickly I might add.

In the past four years, I've moved, worked, cooked, moved, worked, cooked, moved, cooked, got engaged, planned a wedding, moved overseas and well here I am on my couch in my pjs, blowing off the dust on my old rusty blog about cooking. Might I add with a pot of chili on the stove (I promise you the recipe is below).

Oh, yes I'm back. Ready to open my new cookbooks, switch up some recipes and well, dust off some old ones. Time to start cooking those recipes I pinned so many months ago and on the flight over. Time to learn some German and about my heritage that runs through my blood. Time to set off some fire alarms, to cook too many things at once, and probably burn somethings in the process.

And in the meantime, I'll revamp this baby, give her some flair probably, add some in about german life and married life.

But for now, I'm going to go eat a bowl of my chili and watch my husband blow-up some aliens on some video game.



Taco Chili

1 packet of taco seasoning
1 lb ground beef
2 cans of whatever beans you like
1 can of diced tomatoes (I used rotel)
1 small can of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of beer (whatever you have on hand)

Brown the meat in a pot, I used my pasta pot. Add seasoning, once browned, then add beer, let it burn off. Add the rest of the ingredients, then let it simmer to whatever consistency you like. Easy peasy.

No comments: