Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Beginning of the End

The past week, I've been busy. School has started. I've entered into some great new relationships. And I've have slept less than ever. So baking and cooking has been on the back burner. Looking at my schedule over the past 4 months that may continue to be the case.
And it's my last semester. 15 hours and on December 8th I'll graduate. I'll be a girl with a diploma and nothing more. I have no clue where I'll be, who I'll be with, hell I don't know if I'll even be alive. But this semester will be the best with everything that I have started.
And with the knowledge of all of this, Monday, I made ribs, grilled asparagus and portobellos, and ice cream. It took all day and thankfully nothing was burned or cut this time. I started at noon, realizing I had forgotten materials and had to go back to the grocery store.
This time I successfully managed ice cream and bar-b-que sauce at the same time. I just splattered the counters with both, of which I think they are still splattered with.
As usual the ribs cooked quickly and the veggies were quickly thrown on the grill pan to cook. 3 people turned into 5. And the table was full of chatter, of laughter, of smiles, and of friendship.
It is something I hope will continue because I don't think they know the impact they've had on me. And how much I value their friendship.
So I raise a glass to them, "Thanks guys for the memories!"

Grilled Asparagus

1 lb asparagus
Olive oil
salt
pepper

Heat up gril pan or start the grill. Rub the asparagus with oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Cook in grill until bright green and slightly charred or to your liking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting - the end is in sight and the beginning is just over the horizon.