Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blogging by Mail


Dear Dani,
Thank you for the package. It had quite a trip. First, it was to be sent to my Alabama address, then changed to an austin address. But by the time it arrived in Austin, my boyfriend and I had broken up so it made an extra trip to Dallas.
Oh and the things that you love, I love too! Especially the chocolate covered pretezels, I almost died! I couldn't get enough of them! Too bad I don't have a Trader Joe's in Texas! Pretty sad! And the Crab Chips tasted like the crab I had in D.C. last august. It just reminded me so much of being reluctant to shuck the crabs, but they were already dead! I haven't made any of the dips yet, but they look yummy as well! Oh and I use the mug every morning, its wonderful!
I know you are getting ready for your wedding, Congratulations! So I wanted to give you a healthy recipe that I'm sure you'll love!
I'm a pasta and pizza addict. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not Italian, but I'm more Eastern European than anything. So I always look for healthy recipes for pasta dishes. So looking in the fridge today, I found Italian turkey sausages. So I decided to make a meat sauce with that. It was yummy! Hope you enjoy!

Sincerely,
Jerry M. Allison

Turkey Tomato Sauce and Pasta

2 turkey sausages or 1/2 lb ground turkey
1/4 c chopped carrots
1/4 c chopped celery
1/4 onion, chopped
garlic cloves (up to you the number of cloves)
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 small can of tomato sauce
italian seasoning
salt, pepper
red pepper (optional)
Whatever pasta you like

Cook sausages or ground turkey in deep sauce pan with seasoning and red pepper. Once it starts to brown add vegetables and garlic, cook until tender. Then add stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce to sauce pan. Let simmer for about an hour or longer.
While sauce is cooking, boil water and add pasta. Cook until tender, then drain. You can either add the pasta to the sauce, or plate the pasta and put sauce on top. Serve.

5 comments:

Dani said...

Jerry, I'm so glad it finally arrived safely, and I can't help but apologize again for it being late! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed what was in there, and thanks so much for the recipe - I can't wait to try it!

Emily said...

You lucky duck. I want that stuff.
I love chocolate covered pretzels. With chocolate milk.

Anonymous said...

crab chips = kinda weird. i've never had 'em, so i can't judge, but kinda weird.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment Jerry - your photos are beautiful! And the food delicious!

Megan said...

I love BBM. You got a great box of goodies. Maybe a little jet lagged, but we'll just say they had quite a ride!